G.I. Joe: Retaliation finished the weekend at the top of the box office, after opening a day early on Thursday. Despite the $10 million the film earned during its premiere not counting toward the weekend, Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum (Magic Mike), and Bruce Willis took in $41.2 million between Friday and Monday to land in the first spot.
The Croods dropped from first to second to make room for the Joes. The animated film earned $26.5 in its second weekend, to bring its total gross to $88.6 million.
Coming in third is Tyler Perry's Temptation. The melodrama earned $22.3 million in its opening weekend.
Olympus Has Fallen and Oz the Great And Powerful round out the top five. The action film and fantasy prequel earned $14 million and $11.6 million, respectively.
Box office top 10:
1. G.I. Joe: Retaliation, $41.2 million
2. The Croods, $26.5 million
3. Tyler Perry's Temptation, $22.3 million
4. Olympus Has Fallen, $14 million
5. Oz: The Great and Powerful, $11 million
6. The Host, $11 million
7. The Call, $4.8 million
8. Admission, $3.3 million
9. Spring Breakers, $2.8 million
10. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, $1.3 million