Having raked in over $100 million at the box office already, Ride Along will go down as one of the biggest comedies of the year. Now, we have news as to when you can expect the Kevin Hart and Ice Cube action comedy to come home on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Universal Home Video let Movie Fanatic know that we can expect the blockbuster comedy on April 15.
The studio also released a trailer (below) that teases just a bit of the brilliant back and forth that Cube and Hart had that made the film such a success. Heck, we already know that a Ride Along sequel is in the works and we could not be more thrilled.
But until then, check out the trailer for the Ride Along DVD and Blu-Ray release and then we’ll get into what you can expect in terms of bonus features form the home video.
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Ride Along Blu-Ray:
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Take
- Kev & Cube’s Wild Ride: Audiences will experience Kevin Hart and Ice Cube’s electrifying chemistry in a short feature that shows first hand how these two megastars fed each other creatively, how Hart’s energy fueled the process, and what he learned about dedication and focus by working with Ice Cube.
- An Explosive Ride: Ever wonder what it would be like to be beaten up by Laurence Fishburne? This trip behind the scenes will expose the hilarious exchanges between the stars and their stunt doubles.
- You Gonna Learn Today: An inside look at the film’s many hilarious off-script moments including b-roll, dailies and alternate takes that showcase the stars’ incredible comic gifts.
- Anatomy of the Big Blast: Watch as the cast and crew prep for the movie’s most explosive sequence!
Ride Along Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
- Gag Reel
- It Was A Good Day: On The Set Of Ride Along: A backstage visit puts audiences on the set of Ride Along as they share in the cast and crew’s outrageously wild time. In-your-face, first-person footage featuring Kevin Hart, Ice Cube, John Leguizamo and the rest of the cast and crew continues the fast-paced laughs and action of the film.
- Atlanta – The Character: Often called Hollywood South, the city of Atlanta plays a starring role in Ride Along as Kevin Hart, Ice Cube and crew take audiences on an exclusive tour of their ’hood.
- Feature Commentary With Director Tim Story
To tease you as to the comic brilliance coming our way on home video, we present to you our favorite Ride Along quotes!
Ben: James, I wanted to ask your blessing in asking your sister to marry me.
James: Show me that you're worthy of her.
Ben: How am I supposed to do that?
James: I'm gonna take you on a ride-along.
Ben: Hell... yeah!
[breaks up a fight] Hey! You're white, you're white! You don't fight!Ben
Man, you gotta be kidding me! You gonna pull out a gun, when you looking at THIS?Ben
[to Ben] You wouldn't last one day out here!James
Itâs that clown thatâs been datinâ my sister, little man smurf.James
[holding the shotgun at his hip, yelling at the target]
Ben: I said get down! You better get on the ground!!
[firing the shotgun sends him flying backwards, landing crumpled up in a bin]
James: Got a little bit of kick to it.
Ben: My stomach in my ass!
James: Oh yeah, youâre ready for the streets.
[large flaming debris slams into the back window of James' car]
Ben: Itâs probably still driveable though, because it happened in the back.
[the car explodes]
Ben: You canât drive it now.
Ben: Whatâs up little man.
Basketball Kid: Whatâs up little man?
Ben: What you about 3â10â³, 3â11â³?
Basketball Kid: Yeah but you know what Iâm gonna do, grow! What you gonna do, stretch?
Ben: You want the hammer?
Angela: I want the hammer.
Ben:Then go get the hammer.
[James, who was sitting in the dark, shines his flashlight on them, scaring them]
James: OK, enough of that nasty sh**.
Ben: Baby 9-1-1, call 9-1-1!!
[he pushes her, then trips and breaks a glass table]
James: Today is your training day. You got one day and one day only to show me what you got.
Ben: Bring it on.
[rehearsing his proposal lines to an older woman at the school]
Ben: To say Iâm crazy about you doesnât do you any justice. I adore you. Iâm devoted to you. You would make me the luckiest man on the planet if you would be my wife.
Lunch Woman: Eh
Ben: Whatâs that mean, âehâ?