Tyler Durden Quotes
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
- Permalink: Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
She's a predator posing as a house pet.Tyler Durden
- Permalink: She's a predator posing as a house pet.
You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.
- Permalink: You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.
[Tyler and Narrator are discussing ideal opponents]
Tyler Durden: OK: any historic figure.
Narrator: I'd fight Gandhi.
Tyler Durden: Good answer.
Narrator: How about you?
Tyler Durden: Lincoln.
Tyler Durden: Big guy, big reach. Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger.
- Permalink: Any historic figure. I'd fight Gandhi. Good answer. How about...
Tyler Durden: Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: if someone yells "stop!", goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: the fights are bare knuckle. No shirt, no shoes, no weapons. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.
- Permalink: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.
Tyler Durden: Where'd you go, psycho boy?
Narrator: I felt like destroying something beautiful.
- Permalink: Where'd you go, psycho boy? I felt like destroying something be...
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
- Permalink: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anyt...
Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
Narrator: So you can breath.
Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.
Narrator: That's, um... That's an interesting theory.
- Permalink: You know why they put oxygen masks on planes? So you can breath...
Tyler Durden: Would you like to say a few words to mark the occasion?
Tyler Durden: I'm sorry...
Narrator: I still can't think of anything.
Tyler Durden: Ah... flashback humor.
- Permalink: Would you like to say a few words to mark the occasion? mumbles...