A Few Good Men Quotes
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to them.
Col. Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
- Permalink: You can't handle the truth!
Lt. Weinberg: You've heard her. The girl sat here, pointed and said, "Pa." She did. She said, "Pa."
Kaffee: She was pointing at a mailbox, Sam. Lt. Weinberg: That's right. She was pointing as if to say, "Pa, look, a mailbox."
- Permalink: That's right. She was pointing as if to say, "Pa, look, a mailbox."
Oh, now I see what you're saying. It had to be Professor Plum in the Library with the candlestick.Kaffee
- Permalink: Oh, now I see what you're saying. It had to be Professor Plum i...
Wait a minute, Tom, don't get the President just yet. Maybe we should consider this a second. Dismissed, Tom. Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here, maybe, we have a responsibility as officers to traing Santiago. Maybe we as officers have a responsibility to this country to see to it that the men and women charged with its security are trained professionals. Yes, I'm certain I remember reading that somewhere once. And now I'm thinking,Col. Markinson, that your suggestion of transferring Santiago, while expeditious and certainly painless, might not be, in a matter of speaking, the American way. Santiago stays where he is. We're gonna train the lad!Col. Jessep
- Permalink: Wait a minute, Tom, don't get the President just yet. Maybe we ...
Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.Col. Jessep
- Permalink: Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
Kaffee: Did you talk to your friend at the NIS?
Lt. Weinberg: Yeah, he said if Markinson doesn't want to be found, we're not gonna find him. He said I could be Markinson and you wouldn't even know.
Kaffee: Are you Markinson?
Lt. Weinberg: No.
Kaffee: I'm not Markinson... that's two.
- Permalink: Did you talk to your friend at the NIS? Yeah, he said if Mark...
Col. Jessep: I'd appreciate it if he would address me as "Colonel" or "Sir"... I believe I've earned it.
Judge Randolph: Counsel will refer to the witness as "Colonel" or "Sir."
Col. Jessep: I don't know what the hell kind of unit you're running here.
Judge Randolph: And you will refer to this court as "Your Honor" or "Judge"... and I'm quite certain I've earned it. Take your seat, Colonel.
- Permalink: I'd appreciate it if he would address me as Colonel or Sir... I...
Col. Jessep: You fuckin' people. You have no idea how to defend a nation. All you did was weaken a country today, Kaffee. That's all you did. You put people's lives in danger. Sweet dreams, son.
Kaffee: Don't call me son. I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy. And you're under arrest, you son of a bitch.
- Permalink: You f**kin' people. You have no idea how to defend a nation. Al...
Capt. Ross: Who is this?
Kaffee: She's Joe Galloway. She's Downey's attorney. She's very pleased to meet you.
- Permalink: Who is this? She's Joe Galloway. She's Downey's attorney. She...
Kaffee: It was oregano, Dave, it was a dime bag of oregano.
Lieutenant Dave Spradling: Yeah, well, your client thought it was marijuana.
Kaffee: My client's a moron, that's not against the law.
Lieutenant Dave Spradling: I got people to answer to just like you do. I'm gonna charge him.
Kaffee: With what, possession of a condiment?
- Permalink: It was oregano, Dave, it was a dime bag of oregano. Yeah, wel...
Lt. Kendrick: I have two books at my bedside, Lieutenant: the Marine Corps Code of Conduct and the King James Bible. The only proper authorities I am aware of are my commanding officer, Colonel Nathan R. Jessep, and the Lord our God.
- Permalink: the Marine Corps Code of Conduct and the King James Bible. The ...
So this is what a courtroom looks like.Kaffee
- Permalink: So this is what a courtroom looks like.
You Might also Like
Want more good stuff like this?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest movie news delivered to your inbox for free!