What can I tell you, kid? You're right. When you're right, you're right, and you're right.Jake Gittes
How do you like them apples?Jake Gittes
- Permalink: How do you like them apples?
Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.Walsh
- Permalink: Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
He's rich! Do you understand? He thinks he can get away with anything.Jake Gittes
- Permalink: He's rich! Do you understand? He thinks he can get away with anything.
'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.Noah Cross
You've got a nasty reputation, Mr. Gittes. I like that.Noah Cross
- Permalink: You've got a nasty reputation, Mr. Gittes. I like that.
Evelyn Mulwray: Hollis seems to think you're an innocent man.
Jake Gittes: Well, I've been accused of a lot of things before, Mrs. Mulwray, but never that.
But, Mrs. Mulwray, I goddamn near lost my nose. And I like it. I like breathing through it. And I still think you're hiding something.Jake Gittes
You're a very nosy fellow, kitty cat. Huh? You know what happens to nosy fellows? Huh? No? Wanna guess? Huh? No? Okay. They lose their noses.Man with Knife
Let me explain something to you, Walsh. This business requires a certain amount of finesse.Jake Gittes
Either you bring the water to L.A. or you bring L.A. to the water.Noah Cross
- Permalink: Either you bring the water to L.A. or you bring L.A. to the water.
You're dumber than you think I think you are.Jake Gittes
- Permalink: You're dumber than you think I think you are.