Are you a Movie Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized movie news for free!
Check out these Die Hard quotes and witness the birth of Bruce Willis as John McClane.
Who's driving this car, Stevie Wonder?John McClane
- Permalink: Who's driving this car, Stevie Wonder?
When they land we blow up the roof, they spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they work out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.Hans Gruber
- Permalink: When they land we blow up the roof, they spend a month sifting ...
John McClane: These guys are mostly European judging by their clothing labels and their... cigarettes. They're well-financed and very slick.
Sergeant Al Powell: Well, now how do you know that?
John McClane: I've seen enough phony ID's in my time to know that the ones they got must have cost a fortune. Add all that up, I don't know what the fuck it means, but you got some bad-ass perpetrators and they're here to stay.
Sergeant Al Powell: I hear ya, partner. And L.A.'s finest are on it.
- Permalink: These guys are mostly European judging by their clothing labels...
Karl: They're using artillery on us!
Hans Gruber: You idiot, it's not the police. It's *him*!
- Permalink: They're using artillery on us! You idiot, it's not the police...
No one kills him but me! Understood?Karl
- Permalink: No one kills him but me! Understood?
Happy trails, Hans.John McClane
- Permalink: Happy trails, Hans.
Hans: The following people are to be released from their captors : In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. In Canada, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec... In Sri Lanka, the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement...
John McClane: [listening on the radio] What the fuck?
- Permalink: In Northern Ireland, the seven members of the New Provo Front. ...
Geronimo, Motherfucker!John McClane
- Permalink: Geronimo, Motherf**ker!
John McClane: Drop it, dickhead. It's the police.
Tony: You're not going to hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me.
- Permalink: Drop it, d**khead. It's the police. You're not going to hurt ...
Hans: Touching, Cowboy. Touching. Or should I call you Mr McClane? Mr. Officer John McClane of the New York Police Department?
John McClane: Sister Teresa called me Mr. McClane in the Third Grade. My friends call me John... and you're neither shithead.
- Permalink: Touching, Cowboy. Touching. Or should I call you Mr McClane? Mr...
Sergeant Al Powell: The man is hurting! He's alone, tired, and he hasn't seen diddly-squat from anybody down here. Now you're going to stand there and tell me that he's going to give a damn about what you do to him, IF he makes it out of there alive? Why don't you wake up and smell what you're shoveling?
Dwayne T. Robinson: Now you listen to me, Sergeant. Any time you want to go home, you consider yourself dismissed.
Sergeant Al Powell: No sir. You couldn't drag me away.
- Permalink: The man is hurting! He's alone, tired, and he hasn't seen diddl...
Mr. Takagi, I could talk about men's fashion and industrialization all day but I'm afraid work must intrude, and my associate Theo has some questions for you, sort of fill in the blanks questions...Hans
- Permalink: Mr. Takagi, I could talk about men's fashion and industrializat...