Groundhog Day Quotes
Ned: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!
Phil: Hi, thanks for watching.
Ned: Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you!
Phil: Not a chance.
Ned: Ned... Ryerson!
- Permalink: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you! Hi,...
Ned: "Needle-nose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson? I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?
Phil: Ned Ryerson!
- Permalink: Needle-nose Ned? Ned the Head? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High....
Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.Phil
- Permalink: Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.
First D.J.: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.
Second D.J.: It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?
First D.J.: Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing.
Second D.J.: That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"
First D.J.: Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting.
Second D.J.: Especially cold!
First D.J.: Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips...
Second D.J.: - On their chapped lips...
First D.J.: - On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow?
Second D.J.: Punxsutawney Phil!
First D.J.: Thats right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's
Both: GROUNDHOG DAY!
- Permalink: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'c...
[to the groundhog] Don't drive angry. Do not drive angry.Phil
- Permalink: Don't drive angry. Do not drive angry.
I don't deserve someone like you. But If I ever could, I swear I would love you for the rest of my life.Phil
- Permalink: I don't deserve someone like you. But If I ever could, I swear ...
Ned: Phil, this is the best day of my life.
Phil: Mine too.
Rita: Mine too.
Ned: Where are we going?
Rita: Oh, let's not spoil it!
- Permalink: Phil, this is the best day of my life. Mine too. Mine too. ...
Rita: I always drink to world peace.
Phil: I'd like to drink to world peace.
- Permalink: I always drink to world peace. I'd like to drink to world pea...
It's so beautiful!... Let's live here. [he kisses Rita] We'll rent, to start.Phil
- Permalink: It's so beautiful!... Let's live here. We'll rent, to start.
This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.Phil
- Permalink: This is one time where television really fails to capture the t...
Phil: A gust of wind.
[a gust of wind blows]
Phil: A dog barks.
[a dog barks in the distance]
Phil: Cue the truck.
[an armored truck drives up]
Phil: Exit Herman; walk out into the bank.
[Herman gets out of armored truck and walks into the bank]
- Permalink: A gust of wind. A dog barks. Cue the truck. Exit He...
Gus: Phil? Like the groundhog Phil?
Phil: Yeah, like the groundhog Phil.
Gus: Look out for your shadow there, buddy.
- Permalink: Phil? Like the groundhog Phil? Yeah, like the groundhog Phil....
You Might also Like
Want more good stuff like this?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest movie news delivered to your inbox for free!