Groundhog Day Quotes
Ned: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!
Phil: Hi, thanks for watching.
Ned: Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you!
Phil: Not a chance.
Ned: Ned... Ryerson!
- Permalink: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you! Hi,...
Ned: "Needle-nose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson? I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?
Phil: Ned Ryerson!
- Permalink: Needle-nose Ned? Ned the Head? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High....
Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.Phil
- Permalink: Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.
First D.J.: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.
Second D.J.: It's coooold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?
First D.J.: Not hardly. And you know, you can expect hazardous travel later today with that, you know, that, uh, that blizzard thing.
Second D.J.: That blizzard - thing. That blizzard - thing. Oh, well, here's the report! The National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing!"
First D.J.: Yessss, they are. But you know, there's another reason why today is especially exciting.
Second D.J.: Especially cold!
First D.J.: Especially cold, okay, but the big question on everybody's lips...
Second D.J.: - On their chapped lips...
First D.J.: - On their chapped lips, right: Do ya think Phil is gonna come out and see his shadow?
Second D.J.: Punxsutawney Phil!
First D.J.: Thats right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's
Both: GROUNDHOG DAY!
- Permalink: Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'c...
[to the groundhog] Don't drive angry. Do not drive angry.Phil
- Permalink: Don't drive angry. Do not drive angry.
I don't deserve someone like you. But If I ever could, I swear I would love you for the rest of my life.Phil
- Permalink: I don't deserve someone like you. But If I ever could, I swear ...
Ned: Phil, this is the best day of my life.
Phil: Mine too.
Rita: Mine too.
Ned: Where are we going?
Rita: Oh, let's not spoil it!
- Permalink: Phil, this is the best day of my life. Mine too. Mine too. ...
Rita: I always drink to world peace.
Phil: I'd like to drink to world peace.
- Permalink: I always drink to world peace. I'd like to drink to world pea...
It's so beautiful!... Let's live here. [he kisses Rita] We'll rent, to start.Phil
- Permalink: It's so beautiful!... Let's live here. We'll rent, to start.
This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.Phil
- Permalink: This is one time where television really fails to capture the t...
Phil: A gust of wind.
[a gust of wind blows]
Phil: A dog barks.
[a dog barks in the distance]
Phil: Cue the truck.
[an armored truck drives up]
Phil: Exit Herman; walk out into the bank.
[Herman gets out of armored truck and walks into the bank]
- Permalink: A gust of wind. A dog barks. Cue the truck. Exit He...
Gus: Phil? Like the groundhog Phil?
Phil: Yeah, like the groundhog Phil.
Gus: Look out for your shadow there, buddy.
- Permalink: Phil? Like the groundhog Phil? Yeah, like the groundhog Phil....