Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Quotes
Poor Professor Lupin's having a really tough night.
- Permalink: Poor Professor Lupin's having a really tough night.
Harry: Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? More than anyone else, I mean?
Professor Lupin: Listen, dementors are among the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory until a person is left with nothing but his worst experiences. The dementors affect you more than others because there are true horrors in your past, horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You are not weak, Harry. You have nothing to be ashamed of.
Harry: I'm scared, Professor.
Professor Lupin: Well, I'd consider you a fool if you weren't.
- Permalink: Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? More than anyone ...
Neville, you're supposed to stroke it!Ron
- Permalink: Neville, you're supposed to stroke it!
You know the very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar, by your eyes. They're your mother, Lily's. Yes, oh yes. I knew her. Your mother was there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a singularly gifted witch, she was also an uncommonly kind woman. She had a way of seeing the beauty in others even more perhaps. Most especially when that person couldn't see it in themselves. Then your father, James on the other hand, he uh ha, he had a certain shall we say talent for trouble. The talent, rumor has it, he passed onto you. You are more like them than you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much.Professor Lupin
- Permalink: You know the very first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you...
Dumbledore: A word of caution: dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It's not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.
- Permalink: dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish betw...
Professor Snape: Have you any theories as to how Black got in?
Dumbledore: Many, each as unlikely as the next.
- Permalink: Have you any theories as to how Black got in? Many, each as u...
Cornelius Fudge: Now write your name only.
Dumbledore: It's quite a long name.
- Permalink: Now write your name only. It's quite a long name.
Hermione: Harry... what's happened?
Harry: [Referring to Sirius Black] He was their friend, and he betrayed them. HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!... I hope he finds me! Because when he does, I'm gonna be ready! When he does, I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!
- Permalink: Harry... what's happened? He was their friend, and he betray...
Harry: Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?
Professor Snape: That's really none of your concern is it, Potter?
- Permalink: Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin? That's really none o...
Professor Snape: Which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?
[Hermione raises her hand]
Professor Snape: No-one? How disappointing.
- Permalink: Which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus...
Harry: Now what?
Hermione: We save Sirius.
Hermione: No idea.
- Permalink: Now what? We save Sirius. How? No idea.
Hermione: If you're going to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us, too.
Sirius Black: No, only one will die tonight.
- Permalink: If you're going to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us, too. N...
You Might also Like
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest movie news delivered to your inbox for free!