Independence Day Quotes
Check out these Independence Day quotes and see why this alien invasion flick is a classic.
We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate ... our Independence Day!Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice
- Permalink: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish witho...
Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sons of bitches down.Gen. Gray
- Permalink: Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sons of bitches d...
If we don't act now, we may not have much of an America left to defend.Albert Nimzicki
- Permalink: If we don't act now, we may not have much of an America left to...
Once again, the L.A.P.D. is asking Los Angelenos not to fire their guns at the visitor spacecraft. You may inadvertently trigger an interstellar war.Video Newscaster
- Permalink: Once again, the L.A.P.D. is asking Los Angelenos not to fire th...
Patricia Whitmore: Is Mommy sleeping now?
President Thomas Whitmore: Yeah, Mommy is sleeping now.
- Permalink: Is Mommy sleeping now? Yeah, Mommy is sleeping now.
President Thomas Whitmore: Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, destroyed.
Gen. Gray: We have also learned that NORAD and our top commandos were the first to be taken out. At this rate, we could be looking at the worldwide destruction of every major city in the next 36 hours.
President Thomas Whitmore: Then we're being exterminated.
- Permalink: Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, destroyed. We have also learn...
Dr. Okun: This is the vault. Or as some of us like to call it: The Freak Show.
- Permalink: The Freak Show.
We're not hit! We're not hit! Stop side-seat driving!Captain Steven Hiller
- Permalink: We're not hit! We're not hit! Stop side-seat driving!
Julius Levinson: Hey don't you tell him to shut up! You'd all be dead now if it weren't for my David! None of you did anything to prevent this!
Gen. Gray: There was nothing we could do!
Julius Levinson: Oh don't give me that! You knew about this for a long time! What with that spaceship you found in New Mexico! What was it called... Roswell, New Mexico! And that other place... uh... Area 51, Area 51! You knew then! And you did nothing!
President Thomas Whitmore: Mr. Levinson, you're mistaken. There is no Area 51. There is no spaceship:
Albert Nimzicki: Uh... Mr. President. That's not entirely accurate.
David Levinson: What, which part?
- Permalink: Hey don't you tell him to shut up! You'd all be dead now if it ...
Area 51 Guard: I'm sorry, Captain. This is a restricted area. I can't let you pass without clearance.
Captain Steven Hiller: Okay. Come here. You wanna see my clearance? [shows the alien wrapped in parachute] Maybe I'll just leave this here with you.
Area 51 Guard: Let them pass! Let them pass!
- Permalink: I'm sorry, Captain. This is a restricted area. I can't let you ...
[impersonating Rev. Jesse Jackson] Why we are on this particular mission, we'll never know. But I do know, here today, that the Black Knights will emerge vic-torious once again.Capt. Jimmy Wilder
- Permalink: Why we are on this particular mission, we'll never know. But I...
Okay, boys, let's give Mr. Casse some cover. Gentlemen! Let's plow the road!President Thomas Whitmore
- Permalink: Okay, boys, let's give Mr. Casse some cover. Gentlemen! Let's p...
You Might also Like
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest movie news delivered to your inbox for free!