Life of Pi Quotes
Above allPi Patel
- Permalink: Above all
Religion is darkness.Santosh Patel
- Permalink: Religion is darkness.
Religion is obscurity.Santosh Patel
- Permalink: Religion is obscurity.
[reading off the report] Mr. Patel's is an astounding story, courage and endurance unparalleled in the history of ship-wrecks. Very few castaways can claim to have survived so long, and none in the company of an adult Bengal tiger.Writer
- Permalink: Mr. Patel's is an astounding story, courage and endurance...
[with a look of disbelief] Bananas don't float. You said the Orangutan floated to you in a bundle of bananas, but bananas don't float.Younger Insurance Investigator
- Permalink: Bananas don't float. You said the Orangutan floated to you in a...
I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.Adult Pi Patel
[facing a storm on the lifeboat] Richard Parker, come out you have to see this! It's beautiful!Pi Patel
- Permalink: Richard Parker, come out you have to see this! It's beautiful!
[on killing a fish] Thank you Lord Vishnu. Thank you for coming in the form of a fish and saving our lives.Pi Patel
- Permalink: Thank you Lord Vishnu. Thank you for coming in the form of a fish and...
Adult Pi Patel: Now we have to send our little boy to the middle of the Pacific.
Writer: And make me believe in God.
Adult Pi Patel: Yes, we will get there.
- Permalink: Yes, we will get there.
I can eat the biscuits, but God made tigers carnivorous, so I must learn to catch fish. If I don't, I'm afraid his last meal would be a skinny vegetarian boy.Pi Patel
Adult Pi Patel: Faith is a house with many rooms.
Writer: But no room for doubt?
Adult Pi Patel: Oh plenty, on every floor. Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it is tested.
Santosh Patel: We will sail like Columbus.
Pi Patel: But Columbus was looking for India!
- Permalink: But Columbus was looking for India!