Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Quotes
Sam: There are dead things! Dead faces in the water.
Gollum: All dead... all rotten. Elves and men and orcses. A great battle, long ago. The Dead Marshes... yes, that is their name.
- Permalink: There are dead things! Dead faces in the water. All dead... al...
We be nice to them, if they be nice to us.Gollum
- Permalink: We be nice to them, if they be nice to us.
Legolas: Look at them. They're frightened. You can see it in their eyes.
[All the men turn to look at him]
Legolas: [in Elvish] And they should be. Three hundred... against ten thousand!
Aragorn: [also in Elvish] They have a better chance defending themselves here than at Edoras...
Legolas: They cannot win this fight. They are all going to die!
Aragorn: Then I shall die as one of them!
- Permalink: Look at them. They're frightened. You can see it in their eyes....
If Aragorn survives this war, you will still be parted. If Sauron is defeated and Aragorn made king and all that you hope for comes true you will still have to taste the bitterness of mortality. Whether by the sword or the slow decay of time, Aragorn will die. And there will be no comfort for you, no comfort to ease the pain of his passing. He will come to death an image of the splendor of the kings of Men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world. But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell bound to your grief under the fading trees until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent.Elrond
- Permalink: If Aragorn survives this war, you will still be parted. If Saur...
Elrond: Our time here is ending, Arwen's time is ending. Let her go... let her take the ship into the West. Let her bear her love for you to the Undying Lands, there it will be ever green...
Aragorn: ...but never more than a memory.
- Permalink: Our time here is ending, Arwen's time is ending. Let her go... ...
Frodo: [waking up from a nightmare] Gandalf!
Sam: What is it Mister Frodo?
Frodo: Nothing... just a dream.
- Permalink: Gandalf! What is it Mister Frodo? Nothing... just a dream....
From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the Balrog of Morgoth... Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountain side... Darkness took me and I strayed away through thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead and every day was as long as a life age of the earth... But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I've been sent back until my task is done.Gandalf
- Permalink: From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak I fought with the B...
[to the Orcs] There will be no Dawn... for Men.Saruman
- Permalink: There will be no Dawn... for Men.
Eowyn: My Lord! Aragorn! I am to be sent with the women into the caves.
Aragorn: That is an honorable charge.
Eowyn: To mind the children, to find food and bedding when the men return. What renown is there in that?
Aragorn: My Lady, there may come a time for valor without renown. Who then will your people look to in the last defense?
Eowyn: Let me stand at your side.
Aragorn: I cannot command it.
- Permalink: My Lord! Aragorn! I am to be sent with the women into the caves...
Gimli: Whatever luck you live by... let's hope it lasts the night.
Legolas: You're friends are with you, Aragorn.
Gimli: Let's hope they last the night...
- Permalink: Whatever luck you live by... let's hope it lasts the night. Y...
Sam: This looks strangely familiar.
Frodo: Because we've been here before. We're going in circles!
- Permalink: This looks strangely familiar. Because we've been here before...
Sam: It's the Ring, isn't it?
Frodo: It's getting heavier.
- Permalink: It's the Ring, isn't it? It's getting heavier.
You Might also Like
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest movie news delivered to your inbox for free!