Lost in Translation Quotes
Translator: Right side. And with more... intensity. Okay?
Bob: Is that everything? It seemed like he said quite a bit more than that.
Director: [to Bob, in Japanese] Listen, listen. This isn't just about whiskey. Understand? Imagine you're talking to an old friend. Gently. The emotions bubble up from the bottom of your heart. And don't forget, psych yourself up!
Translator: Like an old friend. Into the camera.
Director: [in Japanese] Got it? You LOVE whiskey. It's SUNTORY time. Okay!?
- Permalink: Right side. And with more... intensity. Okay? Is that everyth...
Charlotte: 25 years. That's, uh, well it's impressive.
Bob: Well you figure, you sleep one-third of your life, that knocks out eight years of marriage right there. So you're, y'know, down to 16 and change. You know, you're just a teenager at marriage. You can drive it but there's still the occasional accident.
- Permalink: 25 years. That's, uh, well it's impressive. Well you figure, ...
Bob: I don't want to leave.
Charlotte: So don't. Stay here with me. We'll start a jazz band.
- Permalink: I don't want to leave. So don't. Stay here with me. We'll sta...
Let's never come here again because it will never be as much fun.Charlotte
- Permalink: Let's never come here again because it will never be as much fu...
Charlotte: So, what are you doing here?
Bob: Uh, a couple of things. Taking a break from my wife, forgetting my son's birthday. And, uh, getting paid two million dollars to endorse a whiskey when I could be doing a play somewhere.
Bob: But the good news is the whiskey works.
- Permalink: So, what are you doing here? Uh, a couple of things. Taking a...
Enjoy my jacket, which you stole from me.Bob
- Permalink: Enjoy my jacket, which you stole from me.
Enjoy your fright.Bob
- Permalink: Enjoy your fright.
Bob: It gets a whole lot more complicated when you have kids.
Charlotte: That's scary.
Bob: The most terrifying day of your life is the day the first one is born.
Charlotte: Nobody ever tells you that.
Bob: Your life, as you know it... is gone. Never to return. But they learn how to walk, and they learn how to talk... and you want to be with them. And they turn out to be the most delightful people you will ever meet in your life.
Charlotte: That's nice.
- Permalink: It gets a whole lot more complicated when you have kids. That...
Bob: I was feeling tight in the shoulders and neck, so I called down and had a Shiatsu massage in my room...
Charlotte: Mmm, that's nice!
Bob: And the tightness has completely disappeared and been replaced by unbelievable pain.
- Permalink: I was feeling tight in the shoulders and neck, so I called down...