My Dog Skip Quotes
Old Skip was 11, and feeble with arthritis, but he never lost that old devilish look in his eye. He made my room his own. Came across an old photo of him not long ago. His little face, with the long snout sniffing at something in the air. His tail was straight out and pointing. Eyes were flashing in some momentary excitement. He always loved to be rubbed on the back of his neck. And when I did it, he'd yawn, and he'd stretch, reach out to me with his paws as if he was trying to embrace me. I recieved a trans-atlantic call one day. "Skip died", Daddy said. He and my mama wrapped him him my baseball jacket. They buried him out under the elm tree, they said. That wasn't totally true. For he really lay buried in my heart.Narrator
- Permalink: Old Skip was 11, and feeble with arthritis, but he never lost t...
There were so many surprises that year. Who'd have thought that my daddy would ever let me play football? And who'd have dreamed that Rivers Applewhite, the prettiest girl in town, would let me hold her hand? It was indeed a strange and unusual time. Old Skip had helped me through the stuggles of boyhood. But his job was far from done.Narrator
- Permalink: There were so many surprises that year. Who'd have thought that...
Like all dogs, Skip was colorblind. He made friends easily with people of all races and origins. The town was segregated back then, but as we know, dogs are a whole lot smarter than people.Narrator
- Permalink: Like all dogs, Skip was colorblind. He made friends easily with...
Jack Morris: You know I.C.? Colored fellow at the service station?
Ellen Morris: Sure.
Jack Morris: His son came back from Europe today.
Ellen Morris: Wonderful.
Jack Morris: In a box.
- Permalink: You know I.C.? Colored fellow at the service station? Sure. H...
I was an only child. He was an only dog.Narrator
- Permalink: I was an only child. He was an only dog.
Willie Morris: [grabs Junior and shakes him angrily] WHAT'D YOU DO TO HIM? THAT'S MY DOG! SKIP!
Junior Smalls: [grasps Willie] I told you to keep that damn mutt out of here.
- Permalink: WHAT'D YOU DO TO HIM? THAT'S MY DOG! SKIP! I told you to kee...
It's not the dying that scares me, it's the killing.Dink
- Permalink: It's not the dying that scares me, it's the killing.
I almost lost old Skip that day. Even as he was sleeping on the operating table, he was still teaching me. That day, I became a young man. Why, in childhood and youth, we wish time to pass so quickly. We want to grow up so fast. Yet, as adults, we wish just the opposite.Narrator
- Permalink: I almost lost old Skip that day. Even as he was sleeping on the...
Why in childhood and youth do we wish time to pass so quickly - we want to grow up so fast - yet as adults we wish just the opposite?Narrator
- Permalink: Why in childhood and youth do we wish time to pass so quickly -...