Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, carry a leather briefcase. Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell. See, be a thinker, not a stinker.Apollo Creed
- Permalink: Stay in school and use your brain. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, car...
[the 15th and final round of the fight has ended; reporters climb into the ring for interviews]
Fight Announcer: [interviews Rocky] It was chaos. Rocky, you went the distance. You went the 15 rounds. How do you feel?
Rocky: All right!
Fight Announcer: What were you thinking about when that buzzer sounded?
Rocky: [yelling] Adrian!
Fight Announcer: What were you thinking when the 15th...
Rocky: What? Adrian!
Rocky: Rocky? Rocky?
Jergens: [taking the mic] Ladies and Gentlemen, your attention, please.
Adrian: Rocky? Rocky!
Jergens: Tonight, we have had the privilege of witnessing the greatest exhibition of guts and stamina in the history of the ring!
Adrian: Rocky. Rocky!
Jergens: [reads the results] Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a split decision.
[Jergens continues; indistinct]
Jergens: ...for Creed!
- Permalink: It was chaos. Rocky, you went the distance. You went the 15 roun...
I just want to say hi to my girlfriend, OK? Yo, Adrian! It's me, Rocky.
- Permalink: I just want to say hi to my girlfriend, OK? Yo, Adrian! It's me,...
Adrian: [just before the big fight] I'll be here waiting for you.
Rocky: How 'bout I stay here and you fight?
- Permalink: I'll be here waiting for you. How 'bout I stay here and you fi...
Adrian: Is this you?
Rocky: Yeah, that's me when I was eight years old, that's the Italian Stallion when he was a baby.
- Permalink: Is this you? Yeah, that's me when I was eight years old, that'...
Rocky: I can't do it.
Rocky: I can't beat him.
Rocky: Yeah. I been out there walkin' around, thinkin'. I mean, who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league.
Adrian: What are we gonna do?
Rocky: I don't know.
Adrian: You worked so hard.
Rocky: Yeah, that don't matter. 'Cause I was nobody before.
Adrian: Don't say that.
Rocky: Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.
- Permalink: I can't do it. What? I can't beat him. Apollo? Yeah. I b...
Apollo Creed: Ain't gonna be no rematch.
Rocky: Don't want one.
- Permalink: Ain't gonna be no rematch. Don't want one.
Adrian: Paulie, it's Thanksgiving. I got a turkey in the oven.
Paulie: Oh... a turkey in the oven.
[he takes the turkey out]
Paulie: You want the bird?
[he throws it out the door]
Paulie: Go in the alley and eat the bird!
Adrian: [disgusted] Oh Paulie!
- Permalink: Paulie, it's Thanksgiving. I got a turkey in the oven. Oh... a...
Apollo Creed vs. the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monster movie.Apollo Creed
- Permalink: Apollo Creed vs. the Italian Stallion. Sounds like a damn monste...