The Graduate Quotes
Benjamin: Elaine, would you just tell me where he proposed to you?
Benjamin: [shouting after her as she leaves the library] Oh God, it wasn't in his car, was it?
- Permalink: Elaine, would you just tell me where he proposed to you? Oh ...
Mr. Braddock: Well would you mind telling me what these last four years of hard work was for?
Benjamin: You got me...
- Permalink: Well would you mind telling me what these last four years of ha...
Mr. Robinson: Do you ummm... do you want to tell me *why* you did it
Benjamin: Mr. Robinson!
Mr. Robinson: Do you have a special grudge against me? Do you feel a particularly strong resentment? Is there something I've said that's caused this contempt, or is it just things I stand for that you despise?
- Permalink: Do you ummm... do you want to tell me *why* you did it Mr. Ro...
Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin, I am *not* trying to seduce you.
Benjamin: I know that, but *please*, Mrs. Robinson, this is difficult...
Mrs. Robinson: Would you like me to seduce you?
Mrs. Robinson: Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Benjamin: I'm going home now. I apologize for what I said. I hope you can forget it, but I'm going home right now.
- Permalink: Benjamin, I am *not* trying to seduce you. I know that, but *...
Mr. Braddock: Don't you think that idea is a little half-baked?
Benjamin: Oh no, Dad, it's completely baked.
- Permalink: Don't you think that idea is a little half-baked? Oh no, Dad,...
Mr. McGuire: I want to say one word to you. Just one word.
Benjamin: Yes, sir.
Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
Benjamin: Yes, I am.
Mr. McGuire: Plastics.
Benjamin: Just how do you mean that, sir?
- Permalink: I want to say one word to you. Just one word. Yes, sir. Are...
Benjamin: Where did you do it?
Mrs. Robinson: In his car.
Benjamin: What kind of car was it?
Mrs. Robinson: Come on now.
Benjamin: No, I really want to know.
Mrs. Robinson: A Ford.
Benjamin: Goddamn, that's great. So old Elaine Robinson got started in a Ford.
- Permalink: Where did you do it? In his car. What kind of car was it? ...
Mrs. Robinson: Benjamin.
Mrs. Robinson: Isn't there something you want to tell me?
Benjamin: Tell you?
Mrs. Robinson: Yes.
Benjamin: Well, I want you to know how much I appreciate this. Really.
Mrs. Robinson: The number.
Mrs. Robinson: The room number, Benjamin. I think you ought to tell me that.
Benjamin: Oh, you're absolutely right. It's 568.
Mrs. Robinson: Thank you.
Benjamin: You're welcome. Well... I'll see you later, Mrs. Robinson.
- Permalink: Benjamin. Yes? Isn't there something you want to tell me? ...
Room Clerk: Are you here for an affair, sir?
Room Clerk: The Singleman party, sir?
Benjamin: Ah, yes, the Singleman party.
- Permalink: Are you here for an affair, sir? What? The Singleman party,...
[Offering Mrs. Robinson a coat hanger]
Mrs. Robinson: What?
Benjamin: Wood or wire? They have both.
- Permalink: Wood? What? Wood or wire? They have both.
You Might also Like
Want more good stuff like this?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest movie news delivered to your inbox for free!