Are you a Movie Fanatic?
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized movie news for free!
[sings] Oh say can you see / By the dawn's early light / What so proudly we hail / In the twilight's last gleaming? / Whose bright stripes and broad stars / In the perilous night / For the ramparts we watched / uh, da-da-da-da-da-daaaa. / And the rocket's red glare / Lots of bombs in the air / Gave proof to the night / That we still had our flag. / Oh say does that flag banner wave / Over a-a-all that's free / And the home of the land / And the land of the - FREE!Frank
- Permalink: Oh say can you see / By the dawn's early light / What so proud...
Vincent Ludwig: Drebin!
Frank: You're both right.
- Permalink: Drebin! Frank! You're both right.
Jane: How about a rain check?
Frank: Well, let's just stick to dinner.
- Permalink: How about a rain check? Well, let's just stick to dinner.
Truck Driver: [shouts] Ya dumb broad!
Driving instructor: All right, Stephanie, gently extend your arm. Extend your middle finger. Very good. Well done.
- Permalink: Ya dumb broad! All right, Stephanie, gently extend your arm....
Jane: I'm boiling a roast. How hot and wet do you like it?
Frank: Very hot, and awfully wet.
- Permalink: I'm boiling a roast. How hot and wet do you like it? Very hot...
Frank: A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums.
Ed: No way for a man to die.
Frank: No... you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go.
Wilma Nordberg: [cries] Oh... Frank. This is terrible.
Ed: Don't you worry Wilma. Your husband is going to be alright. Don't you worry about anything. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind.
Frank: He's right, Wilma. But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.
[Wilma cries again]
Ed: What I'm trying to say is that Wilma, as soon as Nordburg is better, he's welcome back at Police Squad.
Frank: Unless he's a drooling vegetable. But I think that's only common sense...
[Wilma cries again]
- Permalink: A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums. N...
Ed: You want to take a dingy?
Frank: No, I took care of that at the press conference.
- Permalink: You want to take a dingy? No, I took care of that at the pres...
[narrating] The attempt on Nordberg's life left me shaken and disturbed, and all the questions kept coming up over and over again, like bubbles in a case of club soda. Who was this character in the hospital? And why was he trying to kill Nordberg? And for whom? Did Ludwig lie to me? I didn't have any proof, but, somehow, I didn't entirely trust him, either. Why was the I Luv You not listed in Ludwig's records? And if it was, did he know about it? And if he didn't, who did? And where the hell was I?Frank
- Permalink: The attempt on Nordberg's life left me shaken and disturbed,...
I'd known her for years. We used to go to all the police functions together. Ah, how I loved her, but she had her music. I think she had her music. She'd hang out with the Chicago Male Chorus and Symphony. I don't recall her playing an instrument or be able to carry a tune. Yet she was on the road 300 days of the year. In fact I bought her a harp for christmas. She asked me what it was.Frank
- Permalink: I'd known her for years. We used to go to all the police func...
Jane: How could you do something so vicious
Vincent Ludwig: It was easy my dear. You forget I spent two years as a building contractor.
- Permalink: How could you do something so vicious It was easy my dear. Yo...
I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils.Frank
- Permalink: I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... w...
Protecting the Queen's safety is a task that is gladly accepted by Police Squad. No matter how silly the idea of having a queen might be to us, as Americans we must be gracious and considerate hosts.Frank
- Permalink: Protecting the Queen's safety is a task that is gladly accepted...