Statham initially started off in the world of sports in both competitive diving and driving. As a diver, Statham was an Olympic Diver on the British National Diving Team. As a driver, Statham finished 12th in the World Championships in 1992.
Statham soon took his chiseled ahtletic body to the world of modeling. It was when he was a model for the French Connection that he was discovered and auditioned for a role in Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels. From there, Statham has been on a non-stop career filled with some of the best action movies this decade and Statham's next movie, Death Race, doesn't look to disappoint.
To honor this bloke, we put up just a fraction of his movies with a ten movie filmography, six photos, and hundreds of quick one-liners.
Now what Reel Movie Star post would be complete without a series of fun facts:
- Did nearly all his own stunts in The Transporter
- Well trained in several martial arts, particularly kickboxing and Jujitsu
- Jason and director Guy Ritchie became obsessed with chess during the shooting of Revolver
- Dated English model and actress Kelly Brook until she met actor Billy Zane on the set of Survival Island
- Also dated former singer Sophie Monk
Now we'll leave you with a photo montage of this hunky action star.