It's funny how everyone gets into the Christmas spirit right after Halloween. Nobody even thinks about Thanksgiving anymore. Christmas decorations and movies start flooding the market on November 1st, and people eat it up.
Taking that into account, it's no mystery why A Christmas Carol topped the charts this weekend with an estimated $31 million. The King of Pop stayed up top as This is It held at #2 with $14 million, proving that the only thing we Americans are more fascinated with than presents are dead celebrities.
Here are the top five results for the weekend:
- A Chrstmas Carol - $31 Million
- Michael Jackson's This Is It - $14 million
- The Men Who Stare at Goats - $13.3 million
- The Fourth Kind - $12.5 million
- Paranormal Activity - $8.6 million