Puss in Boots shocked a slew of new films to win the box office for the second week in a row. The Eddie Murphy and Ben Stiller starring Tower Heist failed to take the top spot, although it earned a respectable $25.1 million behind Puss in Boots’ $33 million take.
Meanwhile, A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas disappointed. The third film in the Harold and Kumar franchise failed to make as much as the second film in its opening weekend. Perhaps it’s a little too early for a Christmas movie as some of us are still enjoying our Halloween candy? Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas took in $13 million.
The box office top 10:
1. Puss in Boots, $33 million
2. Tower Heist, $25.1 million
3. A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, $13 million
4. Paranormal Activity 3, $8.5 million
5. In Time, $7.7 million
6. Footloose, $4.5 million
7. Real Steel, $3.4 million
8. The Rum Diary, $2.9 million
9. The Ides of March, $2 million
10. Moneyball, $1.9 million