The entire Cullen clan, plus their new vampire daughter-in-law Bella, was out in full force yesterday in Beverly Hills and Movie Fanatic was there to capture the thoughts of an ensemble saying goodbye to an institution. Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and the rest of the cast talked about everything under the sun as the final press tour has begun. Breaking Dawn Part 2 is about to hit theaters.
It was a scene filled with much joy as opposed to a somber gathering of people saying goodbye. The Twilight gang was there to celebrate a franchise that made them all movie stars.
Stay with us in the coming weeks as we bring you interviews with the big three, but also exclusive insight from players who have been there from the beginning. We also catch up with the Cullen clan further and the creator of the entire universe, Stephenie Meyer. But until then… we proudly present five things that stood out from the cast of Breaking Dawn Part 2.
5. Lautner was concerned about how the “imprinting” of Renesmee would play out onscreen. No one wants to watch a grown man flopping around after a child that he knows he’s eventually going to marry. "It’s a fine line, and I was worried about it," Lautner said. "It’s simple -- [Meyer] said it’s a lifelong bond between two people and that’s it," Lautner said. "At this point the girl’s like, what, 10-years-old? So it’s more of a protective thing, like a brother-sister relationship. That’s really all it is. I couldn't allow myself to think ahead and go beyond that, so that’s kind of the zone I had to stay in."
4. Pattinson seemed to reflect the sentiment that equal parts of Lautner’s fame had to do with screen presence and those abs when asked what he would do differently if he could go back and do the series all over. “Try and get a six-pack as early as possible and you'll be a much more successful actor," Pattinson said and laughed. Oh, and there was one more. "Start drinking vodka instead of beer.”
3. Elizabeth Reaser let her political affiliation slip when a question was asked as to what she would gift her Twilight alter-ego Esme for Christmas. "I think she'd be extra happy if Obama won.”
2. Stewart loves her mom, playing a mom to Mackenzie Foy in Breaking Dawn Part 2, but is in no hurry to be a mom. "I have a great relationship with my mom and she can be a bit feral when it comes to being a mom," Stewart said and laughed. "I can't wait to be a mom... but I can wait.”
1. Stephenie Meyer was even there as the victory tour of the world commenced yesterday in Los Angeles. What she said about the future of the franchise, we believed, perfectly capped the day.
"I had planned out where it would go for a couple more books, so I know exactly what would happen. There are other characters that I think would have a lot of voice in those coming stories,” Meyer admitted about the future. But, in the end, she may be the only soul who reads it. "Maybe someday I'll write it out, just for myself. We'll see. I'm not in to permanence so I wouldn't say no, absolutely. I'm not going to do it today. I don't know how I'm going to feel in five years."