The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray will debut on September 24 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. And although it is three months before Christmas, to fans of Christopher Nolan’s Batman series, it sure can feel like the holidays are here early.
The release will feature all three films with a slew of new special features and memorabilia to make even the most hardened collector leap with excitement.
Who could have imagined that what began in 2005 with Batman Begins and concluded in 2013’s The Dark Knight Rises would wind up being a franchise that would define how superhero movies should be made? Nolan’s films would set a blueprint for how one creates an origins story for a comic book hero, the impeccable choice in villains (Heath Ledger even won an Oscar for The Joker in The Dark Knight) and how to close out a trilogy with style and class.
The Caped Crusader Blu-Ray collector’s edition will retail for $99.97 and include the following:
- Disc 1 – Batman Begins Feature and Special Features
- Disc 2 – The Dark Knight Feature
- Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
- Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises Feature
- Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
- Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)
Warner Bros. also announced that the following new special features will be included, sure to delight:
The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy -- The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making... forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation -- For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
IMAX Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises -- See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX aspect ratio.
Oh, and we did could not finish without mentioning the memorabilia, previously unavailable anywhere. How’s this sound?
- Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
- Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra's al Ghul
- 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
Although the package won’t be available until September 24, to ensure you get yours, orders will be taken commencing August 20.