The Writers Guild Nominations: American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street Score Nodsby Joel D Amos at . Updated at . Comments
Hot on the heels of yesterday’s announcement of the Producers Guild nominations, the Writers Guild have announced their nominees for the best of the year that was 2013. And as our most recent Oscar Watch stated, it appears that American Hustle is continuing its charge towards being the favorite, with The Wolf of Wall Street gaining momentum.
A notable omission in the Original Screenplay category is Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity -- although, it may have been written outside of the WGA, so it is not eligible. Missing from the Adapted Screenplay category are two who we would have thought were locks: 12 Years a Slave and Philomena.
The winners will be announced on February 1.
- American Hustle, Written by Eric Warren Singer and David O. Russell
- Blue Jasmine, Written by Woody Allen
- Dallas Buyers Club, Written by Craig Borten & Melisa Wallack
- Her, Written by Spike Jonze
- Nebraska, Written by Bob Nelson
- August: Osage County, Screenplay by Tracy Letts; Based on his play.
- Before Midnight, Written by Richard Linklater & Julie Delpy & Ethan Hawke
- Captain Phillips, Screenplay by Billy Ray; Based on the book A Captain’s Duty: Somali Pirates, Navy SEALS, and Dangerous Days at Sea by Richard Phillips with Stephan Talty
- Lone Survivor, Written by Peter Berg; Based on the book by Marcus Lutrell with Patrick Robinson
- The Wolf of Wall Street, Screenplay by Terence Winter; Based on the book by Jordan Belfort
- Dirty Wars, Written by Jeremy Scahill & David Riker
- Herblock – The Black & The White, Written by Sara Lukinson & Michael Stevens
- No Place on Earth, Written by Janet Tobias & Paul Laikin
- Stories We Tell, Written by Sarah Polley
- We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks, Written by Alex Gibney